Andromeda the Gravitic Warmaster was a Quantum Tempest from Zelem's Nexus. She had a humanoid appearance, albeit sporting wings, four-jointed legs, tentacle-like hair, and a tail. She seemed quite similar to the common depiction of a pixie. She appeared to have bright glowing lights where her eyes would normally be, and her aura manifested as two blue rings on the ground she stood upon. Of all the Female characters, she was the most feminine looking.She shared the same Type and Class as Orion.
Andromeda was first seen in a video from the Darkspore ARG, Help eDNA, in which the video showed her standing in one spot, twirling her scepter-like weapon, but because her back was turned towards the camera, her face could not be seen. She was dubbed "Unknown" from there and onward, until November 17 2010, when senior systems designer Paul Sottosanti revealed her name upon request on the Darkspore forum. She was seen again briefly in the Loot developer diary. It wasn't until her spotlight video where she could be seen clearly.
Before the fall of the Nexus, Andromeda was an elite gravitic engineer who saved the heavily populated island of Mishima. When a reactor malfunction sent a a dozen islands hurtling straight at Mishima, Andromeda aimed anti-gravity pulses to repel those islands and saved countless lives.
So impressed was the hidden Crogenitor Zelem by the brilliance of his "child", that he revealed his presence in the Nexus to her with a series of cryptic communications that eventually led her to his enclave. Once she arrived, Zelem made her his prodigy along with the other genetic heroes he'd created, teaching her as much as she could learn about Crogenitor cosmological and gravitic theory.
When the Darkspore invaded, Zelem either died in the attack or disappeared. Deprived of her mentor, Andromeda constructed a series of gravity weapons, fighting alongside Zelem's other genetic heroes on guerrilla strikes against the Darkspore controlling the Nexus.
A projectile attack that knocks back a single enemy. Has a 0.4 sec. cooldown, but the knock-back feature only works every 10 seconds.
Andromeda picks up multiple enemies and slams them into the ground, severely damaging them, and immobilizing them temporarily.
Creates a wave that can redirect enemy projectiles and blast back enemies as well.
Gear Enhanceent - Enemies that get knocked back now also become slowed down for 4 seconds.
Warps a nearby comet down to the planet's surface, causing X physical damage in a 4m radius and knocking affected enemies back.
Creates a force field that causes anything that enters it to slow down in speed by 80%
Andromeda's gravitic mastery causes the projectile speed and damage of nearby allies to be increased.
- At Comic-con 2010, when loot was being explained, there was a part called "Andromeda's Wings". This could mean that Andromeda's wings were actually parts that could be equipped, and also meant that Andromeda, or at least her concept, had existed since the very beginning of Darkspore.
- Her name came from our Real-life neighboring galaxy; the Andromeda galaxy.
- Andromeda resembled a Na'vi from the movie "Avatar", mainly because she is tall, thin, humanoid, and blue.
- Despite her humanoid appearance and feminine figure, Andromeda did not have a soft "normal" voice like fans had hope for. Instead, Andromeda's only sound effect was an aggressive-sounding raspy growl.
- Andromeda was the only Tempest-class hero whose unique ability caused physical damage, rather than energy damage.
- Andromeda was similar to Liara T'soni from game series by Bio Ware studio, "Mass Effect".
- Andromeda beared resemblance to the mythological Gorgons, as her hair was made of tentacles that may have been "alive" similar to the snakes that cover a gorgon's head. Also, Andromeda's eyes were "shining" and her abilities were used to keep enemies at a distance, in a similar way that whoever looked in the eyes of Medusa supposedly turned to stone.
Hero Spotlight Video
Andromeda was the second hero to have a 'Hero Spotlight' video, the first being Zrin.