The title that has survived a thousand years: the Storm-Striker.
Blitz, the Storm Striker was a Plasma Ravager from the planet Cryos. He had mainly lightning-based abilities, and had a slightly reptilian appearance. In a hero squad, he paired particularly well with Magnos , due to his "Plasma Wreath" ability, as pointed out in the 'Squads and Abilities' video from Maxis. He was the first Living Weapon available in the game, later joined by Sage near the end of the tutorial for all Crogenitor Level 1 and 2. Like all Ravagers , Dexterity was his primary stat, which boosted his special attack damage, critical rating and dodge rating.
Blitz was first seen in a screenshot at Comic-con 2010, and was then later revealed on the Darkspore website at the end of summer of 2010. He stole most of Vex's spotlight and is now one of the most popular Darkspore Heroes.
LoreWhen Crogenitor Ptyron first assessed the fallen world of Cryos for possible revival, he dismissed it as a lost cause. Gripped by a ravaging ice age, Cryos seemed as if it could never live again.
But when Ptyron saw a creature possessed of seemingly cosmic will-power, he became convinced that Cryos deserved a second chance. Ptyron had found a nest of twelve reptiliodis so resilient that they repelled attacks by a predator ten times their size. Subjecting the entire brood to genetic modification, Ptyron turned the tiny beings into a squadron of devastating, fiercely loyal, highly intelligent bipedal warriors.
And strongest among them was Blitz.
With his devastating blade-claws, a plasmatic shield, and the ability to ride lighting itself, Blitz led his brood-mares on a vast trek across Cryos's tragic, frigid wastelands. Losing nearly all his siblings, Blitz established an enclave in Cryos's equatorial region that became the center of Cryosi civilization. Not a conqueror, but a defender of justice, Blitz accepted any into his protectorate who could feed his growing community and raise a city around them. But if anyone attacked him or those under his protection, Blitz unleashed the full strength of his electrical wrath, earning the title that has survived a thousand years: the Storm-Striker.
Blitz slashes a nearby enemy with his claws for X physical damage.
Teleports Blitz, dealing X physical damage and shocking the target for 3 seconds. If the target is killed by the attack, then the cooldown will instantly be reset.
Launches a sphere of heated plasma that zaps nearby enemies with lightning for X energy damage. If the sphere hits a target, it will explode, dealing X energy damage to all enemies within 4m.
Calls down a meteor at the targeted point. Any enemies within 3m of the impact take X physical damage and are stunned for 3 seconds.
After concentrating for 1 second, 12 streams of lightning burst out in all directions, dealing X energy damage to enemies and shocking them for 3 seconds.
Launches a wave of flames that starts out narrow but spreads to 16m wide, dealing X energy damage to each enemy it touches.
Surrounds Blitz with 6 lightning orbs that will strike nearby enemies for X energy damage. While at least one orb remains, Blitz' resist rating is increased by 50%.
Successful critical strikes deal 50% additional damage.
- Critical strike chance is now also increased by 25%.
- Blitz was featured on the game's boxart. He was originally unedited in the picture, but in the more recent versions, he has Wraith's head, using either his "Voltic Slash" or "Sun Fist", an ability of Zrin .
- Blitz, by default, was one of the fastest heroes in the game, and because of this, he was often used as a "test subject" during testing and demonstrations of the game, as his speed allowed for testing and demonstrations to be performed more swiftly.
- Blitz's 'Charged' ability icon was the same as his 'Ride the Lightning' icon on the original Darkspore site, but this was changed in beta to a bolt of lightning and it's name changed to "Deadly Precision".
- His name was derived from the word 'blitz'. One meaning of this word is; "Deal with something energetically: to concentrate a lot of effort on something". Another meaning is; "Try to overwhelm somebody: to subject somebody to an overwhelming amount of something". Both meanings were fitting for his character. Blitz is also german for "Lightning", referring to his lightning-based attacks.
- Blitz beared a resemblance to enemies Electric Sloth and Plasmic Howler. It was possible that his species was descended from these creatures, as Blitz's original lore stated that he was on a journey to Cryos' equator, where life had a better chance of thriving. On Earth, the area around the equator is most of a tropical climate, the same climate that the Electric Sloth was said to have dwelled in before Cryos' core cooled.
- In his offical artwork and original Darkspore site picture, he had two pairs of eyes, but on the game itself, he have only one pair of eyes, and these eyes are smaller then the artwork eyes. In the game, his eyes are also quite narrow, but in the artwork, they are round.
- Blitz was also the very first hero to be shown at starter level ingame, and therefore, was seen with his starting weapon instead of the cashout variant. This confused players as to why he was given only 2 blades instead of 3, but as the game came out, players saw that the artwork weapons of heroes can only be unlocked during a cashout.