Exponential DNA, usually known as E-DNA, or sometimes eDNA, is a powerful type of DNA invented by The Crogenitors, featured in the game Darkspore. The Crogenitors used it to shape living matter as they pleased for eons - even go so far as to weaponize life itself, as evidenced in the Living Weapons. In their arrogance, the Crogenitors did not notice that the E-DNA was becoming unstable. Some eventually mutated into a virus, later called The Darkspore, which empowered by it's E-DNA, began to twist planetary populations into mutated hordes.
E-DNA's role in Gameplay
- E-DNA in Darkspore is used in a similar way as DNA Points in Spore. It is gained after killing an enemy, then is brought back to your ship and stabilized so it can be used.
- E-DNA may be a reference to EA, (Electronic Arts), the publisher of the game.
- E-DNA appears to be a black, cloudy, oil-like substance, but when viewed at microscopic perspectives, it is actually made up of many tiny silver crystals.
- Thomas Vu, the lead producer for Darkspore, accidentally pronounced "E-DNA" as an actual name, "Edna" at Comic-con /07/24/2010.
- E-DNA is involved in a Darkspore ARG called Help eDNA. The ARG's text shows E-DNA as eDNA.
- In Polish translations of Darkspore, E-DNA is called W-DNA instead.