RevelationSavage was revealed in the very first concept picture of Darkspore. However, his name, abilities, title, and lore were never revealed. In a later concept picture, he was seen with a Bio minion pet behind him. Players eventually discovered more about him through the Darkspore Beta Program.
Once a generation, a few Verdanth are born able to understand animal communication. But Savage was unique. Orphaned followed a devastating earthquake, Savage lived in the wild among the beasts of the rainforest, and was entirely separate from intelligent life... except for the Crogenitor Astra.
Directing the lost child towards mutagenic fungi of his own design, Astra marveled at the effects on the young Verdanthi. Savage grew from being able to understand animals, to being able to speak with them pheremonally and empathetically.
Gaining power over beasts and enormous heights, Savage became a legendary spectre of the rainforests. He enchanted the civilized Verdanthi who on rare occasions encountered him, as when he saved them from accidents or disasters. But following the Darkspore invasion, Savage became an avenging warrior-spirit. With his army of ferocious animals and his legendary, ruthlessly loyal fighting companion, he inflicted more damage on the Darkspore than any other fighter on the planet.
Savage smashes a foe with his fists, dealing X physical damage.
Charges at the target point, knocking enemies up in the air and dealing X physical damage to each one. If you have beast pet, it will join your charge.
Savage charges to the targeted point and roars, taunting all enemies within 8m for 5 seconds and taking 25% less damage from all sources during that time.
Enrages an ally, increasing non-periodic damage as well as healing the target.Healing Sprite (Gamma Variant Ability/Bio Minion Pet)
Savage summons a Healing Spirit of Verdanth to orbit him and heal his allies and himself.
Roots the target in place for 8 seconds and applies an infectious disease that deals X energy damage over that period. The disease will spread to other nearby enemies, dealing X energy damage to each.
Savage's pet's inflicts 5% physical vulnerability up to a maximum of 25%. When enraged, it will imediately taunt all nearby enemies for 4 seconds, and it will resurrect Savage with 25% health once upon death.
- Savage's Title and Lore were similar to that of the fictional character Tarzan.
- Savage's pet's ability to resurrect him once after death will not work if Savage was vaporized by a Critical Strike or if the pet is not alive before Savage perishes.
- Savage was often considered a weak hero because his abilities focus on his pet, not him. His passive was an example of this, not working if the pet isn't there.
- Having three Savages in your squad would not provide you with three pets, in fact it would just make all three of the abilities recharge.
- The Savage Ally in Savage's Concept Art possessed a shell on its back, reminiscent of a turtle.
- Savage was the only hero to have his pet pictured with him in his Concept Art.
- Also, Savage seemed to have a "leash" on the Savage Ally in the form of a chain.
- Savage Ally had Viper's head and feet.
- Savage was depicted in his Concept Art with Fanged Knuckles, his Default Weapons, making him a hero who did not have his Cashout Weapon in his Concept Art. Other examples of this are: Sage, Revenant, SRS-42, Meditron (possibly) and Zrin (having no weapons at all).