Once tiny sea creatures, the Darkspore mutated space barracudas are now larger and via gravitic powers, able to swim through air and land. Dangerous and unpredictable, barracudas use their gravitic abilities to teleport themselves and their prey. Prospectors and fighters should exercise extreme caution around these bizarre creatures.
StrategyAs annoying as they were, Space Barracudas were easily dealt with up close. When they first spot you they would teleport anywhere in the area and then attack with a single quantum projectile. Although they were not very deadly, be wary if you encounter a school of space barracudas.
Dealing with space barracudas could be quick and easy if you rushed them and quickly kill them with a Ravager. Tempest usually had an easier time if you shot from afar. Goliath's Arc Weld worked well if you find a school of Space Barracudas, or when rushing them have Blitz's squad ability Plasma Wreath, as extra insurance that you would get the space barracuda.
- Their mouths and fins are from the Spore C&C part pack.
- They were also cyclopean creatures with an eye right in the middle of their faces.
- There was also a Space Barracuda Template Challenge, but it is unknown if any of them were used.
- There was an Easter Egg Elite form of these enemies.
- They were completely made out of Spore Parts (minus the eye).