Prowling the dark ranges and crevasses of Cryos, trioculists employ their tails for two deadly functions: night vision for hunting, and plasma-blasting for killing their prey. They are particulary dangerous for their ability to "ricochet" their lightning attack from one target to others, although each ricochet diminishes the voltage.
StrategyGoliath's Arc Weld, to take out groups of these nasty foes easily.
Although close-range could prove as a good strategy, long-range was the best way to deal with trioculists because they had to get close in order to attack you. Sage's Strangling Briars came in handy here, and just wait for the approaching trioculists and shoot at them from afar.
- Trioculists had Char's feet.
- The invasion Variant of Trioculists is named Triocular Bolt.
- Triocular Bolt are dark red with three yellow eyes and two lighter Knurl Downs on its back.
- Trioculists were almost made completely out of Spore parts.
- The prefix Trio- meaning three, most likely references their three tails.
- These Plasma Minions were previously known as Triocular Scorpiods and were a part of the Spore Template Challenge competitions long before Darkspore was released. The winning creations were included in Darkspore as Special Elites.